Saturday, April 4, 2015

2014 Bowman Draft Jumbo - Black And Silver!

I had a scrimmage game today for my travel team, and we won 4-3 with a walk off hit in the 6th. I went 0-0 with a sac fly and I got hit. Right after that, I went to a card shop, which is about half an hour away from me, and planned to get a box of Bowman Inception. Unfortunately, he just sold out of it, so I had to get something else. I didn't have to get something, but I wanted to get myself an Easter present. I wasn't going to buy singles this time; I wanted something to keep me busy. After a while, I picked out a couple of cards, mostly vintage, and went over to where he kept the boxes. He had Bowman jumbo for $140, which I thought was a good price, considering there are some great prospects in Bowman Draft. I traded him some duplicate autographs that I had, and that helped pay for the box. I also got a pack of 2015 Topps Series 1, but I'll get to that later. I only opened 1 pack, and I gave the rest to my mom, so she can put it in my Easter basket. It was a great pack! 

The only notable chrome card that was in there, was Kris Bryant! Not a bad name to hit at all! He's been killing spring training, even though he got sent down. I can't wait until he comes up to the major leagues and wins rookie of the year! 

The only Yankees base card, was of Aaron Judge! I loved watching him in spring training, and hopefully he can help the Yankees win a world series in the next few years!

The only notable base card that wasn't of a Yankee, was Joey Gallo. He's already hit over 100 home runs in the minors, and he's only 21! The Cubs are going to find a way to pick him up someday, I guarantee it...

I got 2 refractors in my jumbo pack, as always. One was of Foster Griffin, and the other was of...

Carlos Correa! I've always heard so much about Correa, and hopefully he can help the Astros to a world series!

I got 2 inserts in the pack, one insert I got was of Chance Sisco. I don't really know who he is, but it's still a cool card! 

The other was a, "Futuer Of The Franchise," mini of Alex Jackson!

When I first opened the pack, I thought I saw a couple of black refractors, but I was wrong. It was a black wave pack! I've never gotten a black wave pack, so I was hoping to get a black wave autograph. The first wave card was of Luis Torrens. He's on the Yankees, but I honestly don't know who he is. 

I still didn't see an autograph...

No autograph yet, but Brian Gonzalez is a good name to hit! 

I don't know who Gabriel Guerrero is, and I still didn't see any autograph! This next card sort of makes up for the lack of autograph though...

 
Clint Frazier silver wave #ed /25! The odds of hitting a black wave pack is 1/180 packs, so that's pretty cool, but hitting a silver wave is even cooler! Frazier was the 5th pick of the 2013 draft, and had an excellent 2014 in the Indians system. I would say that was a pretty good first pack, even with the lack of autograph. Hopefully when I bust the rest tomorrow morning, it'll be even better! 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading! 



2 comments:

  1. I like that Sisco, Brian Gonzalez and Clint Frazier, if you could be interested in trading any of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete