Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Another Box Of 2017 Topps Tribute - Absolutely. Speechless.

Just about 2 weeks ago I broke my first box of 2017 Topps Tribute and it did not disappoint. I pulled a 1/1 to go along with autographs of both Trea Turner and Paul Konerko. In case you didn't read my last post, here's what I pulled out of my first box.

Yep, a redemption. It seems like there's a redemption in every box I open, but all of them are pretty good (Kris Bryant, Sandy Koufax, Jose Abreu, the list goes on). 

I ordered this box from blowout, and after ordering it I had second thoughts about whether I should rip it or not. Long story short, I decided to break it. I patiently awaited my mailman to deliver my package. I had plans on opening the box while I was watching the Yankees game, but my postman came at 12:00 (an hour before the game started) and I wasn't able to wait any longer. I noticed one pack was really thick, and another was really thin. I decided to save the thin pack for last since it was most likely a redemption, and there are some pretty good names for the redemptions such as Bryant, Harper, Tanaka, Kershaw, and also possible booklets. A booklet would be awesome.

I opened the fattest pack first. I thought it was a patch card at first, but it was just a thick relic card along with a rookie card, which is a case hit.

The rookie, which only fall 1 per case, David Dahl. I'm hoping to complete the set so it was nice to get a head start on the rookie set as well as the rest of the base.

My second hit? Would you look at that it's George Springer again! My initial thought was that it was going to be one of those boxes where 6 cards of the same player show up in the same box. The autograph definitely could have been worse though, as Springer is baseballs hottest player with 5 home runs in his first 9 games.

If I'm going to hit a Red Sox card at least let it be David Ortiz. When I say I get a Red Sox hit in every box, I mean I get a Red Sox hit in every single box. Well this time was no different.

To go along with that David Ortiz relic, here is a David Ortiz purple parallel /99.

The third relic of my box was a Felix Hernandez stamp of approval relic /199. I really like how Topps now has the sticker of authenticity on the relics, it adds a little extra sentimental value, especially when it's of a favorite player.

My second autograph was Sonny Gray. Gray may be a good pitcher, but he's in about every product so it's not very exciting to hit an auto of a pitcher who signs just about everything. I had just 1 pack left. I purposely left the thinnest pack for last since I knew it probably had a redemption.




I open the pack and I can clearly see that there is a redemption in the middle of the two base cards. It wasn't your typical blue background redemption though, it was white. 




I slowly slid down the card hiding the redemption...





...




DEREK. JETER. I'm still shocked that I pulled this. Jeter did not sign much at all in this product (less than 70 I believe). This is the second lowest parallel, the only one lower being the black (1/1). I absolutely cannot wait for this card to come in.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Frankie, awesome that you got a major hit for your favorite team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that Jeter. Great pull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Congrats! Hope you show off the pic of it when it comes in.

    ReplyDelete