Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Second Yankees Game... Wow...

I can't tell if being at the Yankees game on Friday was awesome, or just a waste of my time. I went with my parents, and we had seats in the Jim Beam suite. Well, we weren't in the suite, but we could go in whenever we wanted and get free popcorn, peanuts, and soda which was awesome. 

Here are the newest Red Sox, Pablo Sandoval, and Hanley Ramirez! I loved when Sandoval was on the Giants, and I loved when Hanley was on the Dodgers. It's sad that I have to root against them this year...

This was the stadium before the game started.

Nathan Eovaldi actually pitched really well, only allowing 3 runs, and at one point he hit 101 MPH.

Here's Alex Rodriguez who also did very well in his 50 at bats during the game.

There was the starting lineup, which changed a lot during the course of the game.

I remember that was when Mark Teixeira flyed out to left.

Brett Gardner, who didn't do so well...

Chase Headley hit a solo home run to tie the game in the 9th with 2 outs!!! Well, this should be over quickly.

Here's David Ortiz.

During the start of the 12th inning, the lights went out right above us, so the game was delayed 16 minutes. 

Waiting...

Everyone put the flashlights on on their phones, which was funny.

Waiting...

Then finally the game started! 

After 4 scoreless extra innings, the game was in the 14th inning.

Compared to the beginning of the game, so many people had left, and every inning, more people were leaving.

After David Ortiz hit a home run in the 16th, Mark Teixeira hit a home run to tie it in the bottom of the 16th, on his birthday! 

Happy Birthday Tex! 

There's Mark with either Mookie Betts or Xander Bogaerts, I forget. 

The stadium was pretty much empty by the 17th inning.

In the 18th, the Red Sox scored a run, but then Carlos Beltran had a "double" that scored J.R. Murphy from 3rd! Tie game! Again.

Chasen Shreve threw a few innings, and then Esmil Rogers came in. He gave up all of those runs before, but the Yankees always came back. In the 19th, he gave up one last run...

The scoreboard went up to 27 innings.

The Yankees couldn't come back in the 19th inning, after Garett Jones hit into a double play. I. Was. Devastated. And that's an understatement. Major understatement. 10 extra innings, just to see the Yankees lose. It lasted 6 hours and 49 minutes, which was the longest Red Sox game ever, and the second longest Yankees game ever. The only Yankees game that was loner, was a 20 inning game that was 7 hours. This is the kind of season the Yankees are going to have, they can't score runs, they can't field, and they can't run. I honestly never thought I would ever see a game that was longer then 18 innings. The last 3 games that I went to, have combined for 46 innings! The only 2 postseason games that I've been to have combined for 30 innings (12 and 18). 

I had an amazing time, even though the Yankees lost, and it was great to get free soda and popcorn and peanuts. The Jim Beam suite closed at around the 14th inning, with was lame, so I couldn't get anymore soda and popcorn. It was an awesome game, and I'm so glad that I was able to go! 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I should also mention that in the middle of the "first part" of the game, their was a huge fight, and these 2 people were kicking each other, and punching, and it was crazy. It wasn't close to me, but it was still close enough that I could see it. 

Thank you for reading!



5 comments:

  1. Kudos for staying until the bitter end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome you got to see this game!!!...and also props for staying 'till the end. Def an epic game for the history books. I saw you inquired about that Rickey 1/1 on my blog...I'm going to hold onto it for the time being but I'll let you know if I change my mind. Thanks for checking out the post too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they kept the popcorn and soda stocked long into the night for you! Congrats on getting to see an historic game, even if your team lost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! No, sadly they did not keep the popcorn stocked... It stopped at about the 12th inning, which was sad. What a game though! I'm still in shock - I never thought I would have seen another 18+ inning game! Especially within 3 games of each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you were there! That was a tough loss to swallow.. but I've always wanted to go to an extra long game like that haha.

    ReplyDelete