Friday, April 17, 2015

This Week In Cards...

I'm in the car right now, but I have a personal hotspot on my iphone, so I'm able to blog in the car! Anyways, I just thought I'd recap everything that I've gotten over the past week.

Before the awesome week even started, I got a package from The Dutch Card Guy that contained this awesome Chipper Jones button! 

Last Friday, I opened a box of 2015 Topps Museum Collection, which was the day of release. I also went to the Yankees game later that night which lasted 19 innings, the longest game I've ever been to, right next to the Giants and Nationals NLDS game last year that lasted 18 innings, which was the longest postseason game ever. 

The quad relic in my box, was of Felix Hernandez! No patches or anything fancy on this card, just a plain Felix Hernandez quad relic /99! 

Since I'm a Yankees fan, I had to pull my fair share of Red Sox, so I pulled this Xander Bogaerts momentous material relic. Just more Red Sox to add to my collection... 

I also pulled this Kolten Wong Archival autographs card /399! I've always wanted a Kolten Wong autograph, and I finally got one, even though he's not the best player to get. 

This card was in the first mini box of the master box that I opened. A Greg Maddux triple patch autograph /5!!! Someone on the sports card forum helped me out, and said that the patch in the top left corner is from the 2000 All Star Game patch that the Braves wore all year since they were hosting the All Star Game.

In between all that madness, I got a package from Topps which contained this awesome Julio Urias oversized purple ice autograph /25! I got this card in a trade on the sports card forum, from when I traded away my Jose Abreu prime materials autograph from 2014 Immaculate.

Another card that was part of the trade, was this awesome Giancarlo Stanton sepia autograph /35 from 2014 Topps Tribute! If you can see it, theres a smudge at the beginning of the signature... 

On the same day after getting the package from Topps, I also got in my 2 boxes of 2015 Topps Museum Collection! 

David Ortiz canvas collection...

I'm going to show the hits from my boxes in order from worst to best. This is the worst.

It pains me to say how much Scherzer gets paid, so I won't say it...

I really like Cespedes as a player, but I hate to pull his cards since he's on the Red Sox now. This card is numbered /50! 

Matt Adams is an amazing player, and is extremely underrated which make his cards worth nothing, but I love this card! 

This David Wright momentous material camo relic, is awesome, and on top of the card being awesome, it's numbered 5/50, which is his jersey number! 

It was a really tough decision, but I put this card behind the Henderson Alvarez. Let's just say I like these 2 cards equally the same! This is my first relic card of all these players, so it's a first for everything! 

I already have a Henderson Alvarez autograph, but It doesn't beat this! This cad is numbered 5/5, and the patch is from the all star game workout jersey! Not game used, but still... It doesn't beat this card though! 

The last card that I pulled out of my 2 boxes of Museum Collection, was this really cool Mariano Rivera autograph /25! I also noticed that If you have 17 and 25, you get 42. Not his jersey number, but it's still a neat little feature to the card. As a Yankee fan, It's great to have an autographed card of the all time saves leader! 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading, and have a great weekend! 


1 comment: