Thursday, April 9, 2015

Dutch Buttons

A while back, I saw one card on The Dutch Card Guys (Jeroen) list that really caught my eye. It was a Chipper Jones button card #ed /6 from 2008 Upper Deck, A Piece Of History! Well, nothing worked back then, but I contacted him when he posted about a Tom Glavine (I think that's what It was) button card. I traded away my Mike Schmidt 2014 National Treasures game ball autograph #ed /10, to get the Chipper Jones button! 

The Dutch Card Guy also included a bunch of really cool cards, including this Indiana Jones card from 1992. This makes me want to watch the Indiana Jones movies again, and it definitely brought back some good memories from when I was younger! 

Another "oddball" card that he included, was this Al Worden card from Panini Americana. I didn't know who he was until today, and he was on the Apollo 15 mission! You always learn something new every day...

I didn't know who he was either, until I looked him up... He is now a she... So much for that...

Okay okay, now onto baseball. Jeroen also sent me this Paul O'Neil card that I can add to my growing 
 
I love this O'Neil card, with him jumping up, and it even shows the date he got traded to the Yankees! 

A player that I have started to collect, is Alex Rodriguez... Probably the best Yankees hitter as of now!

Another A-Rod card from Bowman Platinum.

And my favorite A-Rod card is of him stretching at third base! 

A really nice looking card from 2008 UD Masterpieces that I need for my set! 

I have some older Topps Finest cards, but don't have any of a Yankee, so It's awesome to finally have one! 

The other autograph/relic that Jeroen included was of Daniel Hudson! I don't really know who he is, but now I have some research to do! 

The main card of the trade, was a Chipper Jones button card #ed /6 from 2008 Upper Deck! The card looks great (Much better then I anticipated) and I'm glad that I was able to finally add a button card to my collection. Hopefully In 2017, Chipper will be elected into the Hall Of Fame! 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you so much Jeroen for the trade! 

6 comments:

  1. Cool card, that's something you don't see every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty cool, Frankie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! And Alex hit his first home run of the season... Only 5 more until another 6 million...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see it arrived safely ! Thanks for the trade !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome man! I have a couple laundry tag cards; I would love to get a button card sometime. Really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome man! I have a couple laundry tag cards; I would love to get a button card sometime. Really cool!!

    ReplyDelete