Friday, December 19, 2014

JANUARY - How I Got Into Baseball And The Games I Attended

2012 was the season where I really started getting into baseball, so that was about 2-3 years ago, which seems like a day. The Yankees also had a pretty good run that year making it to the ALCS, but then, everything sort of fell apart. That was also the year Raul Ibanez was on the Yankees was on the Yankees.


I think I went to around 5 games that year, and they won every game I went to! Not to mention they also had 3 walk off wins while I was there, one of them being the Raul Ibanez one during the ALDS against the Orioles. 

I went to my first Yankees game in 2011, and was hooked to baseball. I couldn't stop watching baseball, so I had to watch every single game, and stay up for every single game even if I had school; I refused to leave a game no matter what. I remember that the first game I went to (in 2011) Nick Swisher, who was my favorite player at the time, hit a grand slam which was really cool!

In 2012, when the Yankees made the playoffs, I really wanted to attend a playoff game. So, my parents told me that If i got good grades and all of that, they would take me! So I went to game 3 of the ALDS, and it was a game I would never forget! We didn't have the best seats, but you could still see pretty well. Of course, I forgot my jacket at home, so I had to buy a $60 sweatshirt, which kept me warm enough even though I barely noticed anything besides the game. I got great use out of it though, because I used it for over 2 years! 


The Yankees were down 2-1 in the bottom of the ninth inning and with one out, Raul Ibanez came up. I said to my parents these words: "Raul Ibanez always gets big hits when the Yankees are down." And two pitches later, he hit a solo home run to tie the game! I was so excited I was jumping up and down, just because the game wasn't over yet and I was right! Now I'll fast forward to the bottom of the 12th inning, when Raul Ibanez came up again to lead off. I wasn't sure what would happen, but I didn't have a chance to predict what would happen. On the first pitch he ended the came, and weeks and weeks later I still thought about that game, and I still do now!

I was also at Mariano Rivera day, and Derek Jeter day which was a lot of fun also! I think I liked Rivera's slightly better, but Jeter's was still really cool. I will never forget either of those games. I got to see the two of the best Yankees to ever play, leave the game! It was sad though. The Yankees lost both of those games.

The most recent game I went to was to see the Giants play in Washington. Wow, I'l never forget that game either! The game went to 18 innings, and the Giants still won, and I went through 3 bottles of tic tac's! I went just with my mom this time since It was a little further away, but It was even better than the game in 2012! Panda tied it up in the ninth with a double when everything seemed so grim for the Giants, and than a whole game later, Brandon Belt hit a home run to win the game for the Giants! It's funny because their were some really drunk people behind us, and one of them screamed, "You should be in the Minor Leagues Belt!" And the next pitch later, he hit a home run. They were also screaming some other stuff that I won't mention.

I came back and watched this a million times. The best announcing I've heard in a while! Joe Buck ruins the whole postseason for me...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's awesome! I remember that night as clear as day, it was great! I thought 2012 was the Yankees year, but I guess not. Out of the two postseason game I went to, they combined for 30 innings which is crazy!

      Delete