Saturday, March 7, 2015

"And He Makes A Barehanded Catch..."

Anyone remember when Kevin Mitchell made a barehanded catch in the spring of 1989? I don't. I just know that it happened. Maybe, he did decapitate his girlfriends cat, but he made one heck of a catch, that not many major league outfielders, let alone outfielders, can make.
This is a beautiful card from 2014 Topps Tribute that I bought at my LCS that I rarely go to. It was in the $5 pile, and I jumped on it, and bought it. The autograph is clean, and it's #ed /99. Topps Tribute always looks nice, but I love that they include the old school picture in the right corner, along with a picture of the actual player. 

Here's the unbelievable catch that he made... I don't think many people will be seeing that anytime soon! 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome catch and awesome card, I would have grabbed that at $5 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pickup! I met Mitchell walking around a JP's Sports show once, he didn't seem like the type to decapitate a cat but who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet $5 card and that was an amazing catch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Darryl Strawberry confirmed that Mitchell decapitated his girlfriends cat... Maybe he just had a bad day!

    ReplyDelete