Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Blogging While Watching Baseball

I love blogging while watching baseball. It's one of my favorite things to do, so why not do it now? I'm watching the Yankees play the Tigers, and I got reminded why I love baseball. With the bases loaded (I forget which inning) Aaron Judge was up, down by 5, and I just hoped he would hit a grand slam to put the Yankees within a run. He struck out, but still, it reminded me of how exciting baseball can be. Now, the Yankees are down by 2 with 2 runners on with Ramon Flores up with a 2-2 count with 2 outs, the winning run at the plate. Oh, my bad, he hit a walk off home run! Now that's why I love baseball. It's unpredictable! You could be down by 2 in the bottom of the 9th inning with a 2-2 count, and still win the game. Theres no timer! Whereas in every other major sport, you can't do that. How amazing is it to have a sport that has no timer? Now onto the reason why I created this post.

I pulled this card a little over a year ago from a box of 2013 Panini HOF, where you're guaranteed a Hall Of Fame autograph. I didn't get the best one, but Whitey Herzog definitely wasn't a bad manager! The card doesn't look very good, in fact it looks awful, but Whitey's signature makes up for the missing logos, and the black and white picture. 

I made a trade a while back with someone on the sports card forum, and after some confusing, I ended up with this Al Kaline bat relic from 2014 Tier one, and some other Yankees cards. Another HOF relic added to my collection!

The final card is this Tony Gwynn relic from 2014 Immaculate. The card looks terrible, the picture is awful, and the huge lettering is dreadful. But in the end, it's still a Tony Gwynn relic #ed /99!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

No comments:

Post a Comment