Saturday, September 26, 2015

Dime Box Galore!

While I was at The National, I spent a lot of my time digging through dime boxes, hunting for certain prospects, from 2014 Bowman draft. Here are the Dodgers hot prospects that I found:

First up, is Grant Holmes. After a while, I stopped picking out his cards, only because there were much better prospects in the box that I'd rather have. Holmes was drafted 22nd overall, last year, and for 10 cents each, it definitely wasn't a bad buy. 

Next up, is the #4 prospect in the MLB, Julio Urias! There were almost half a dozen, 4000 count boxes, filled with nothing but 2014 bowman draft paper base, all for 10 cents. I managed to pick up 17 cards of Urias, for $1.70. I'm not a big prospector, but maybe once Urias gets called up, I can get more then 10 cents per card, which I'm pretty sure I could do before the call up. 

17...

The final Dodgers prospect that I picked up, who is now in the majors, was Corey Seager, brother of Kyle Seager. I managed to pick out 16 cards of the highly touted Dodger prospect, who is now thriving in the major leagues. The big question is, is who do you start in the postseason? Jimmy Rollins or Chase Utley, who both have postseason experience, or the hot rookie? I would choose Rollins no doubt, but who knows what Mattingly will do...

16, for $1.60. Not bad.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
If you're interested in any of these cards, they're only available for Nolan Arenado cards. Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I really like what I've seen out of Corey Seager so far.

    ReplyDelete