Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Bird Has Gone Down!

(1/1/16 Post)

As soon as I came home from school, I had heard that Greg Bird would be out all of 2016 because of a shoulder surgery. That's definitely not the first thing you want to hear once you come home from school, but since you always want to look on the bright side, I decided to show off a few of my favorite parallel cards that I have of some up and coming stars.

I paid $8 for this card on a forum, and it just came in the mail the other day! This card is numbered only out of 25, and the card looks great; especially with the orange back round and low numbering. I'm hoping Judge can contribute to the Yankees sometime in the near future!

Next up is this Starlin Castro green bowman paper parallel /150! I really liked the addition of Castro this offseason, and I love his attitude. He plays the game hard, and isn't over the age of 30... That doesn't sound at all familiar to us Yankees fans!

The final card of this post is this Aroldis Chapman gold bowman paper parallel /50! This trade came as a complete shock to me; I was not at all expecting the Yankees to pick up Chapman. Four prospects were traded away, but none were the "untouchable" prospects. I'm very excited to see Chapman and Castro in pinstripes next year, and hopefully the Yankees will be competing for a division title!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment