Saturday, May 16, 2015

Movie Review - Ex Machina

I watched the trailer a bunch of times, and was convinced I was going to love this movie. I finally went to see it today, after being out for a couple weeks, and It didn't meet my expectations. At all. Alex Garland was the director of 28 Days Later, which is one of my all time favorite movies, and I guess I was sort of expecting it to be a little similar to that. It was a good movie, not a great movie. I had really high expectations went I went to see the movie, considering all the great reviews and being that Alex Garland was directing the movie made it even more interesting. The movie was really slow moving, and it probably could have been cut short a little, but it took place over a weeks span. Caleb, who is chosen to go help Nathan with an experiment, finds himself in a relationship with the robot, Ava. After seeing what Nathan does with his robots (or whatever Nathan calls them), he decides he wants to free Ava. 

The beginning was extremely slow, but towards the end, the movie really picked up it's pace. I think it might've been the best ending to the movie I've ever seen, and I was just so shocked. The whole movie flipped upside down at the end. The more I think about it, the better I liked the movie, but the beginning definitely doesn't make up for that. 

I think I set my expectations too high...

Not A Must Watch Movie, But Recommended - Good Movie 

6.5/10 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment