Friday, January 20, 2017

2016 Prime Cuts Box Break And Review

Product: 2016 Panini Prime Cuts Baseball


This is another break that I did over the holidays. I got it for a pretty decent price so I thought why not. Well I found out why not.

The first card that showed up in the little packet of cards was this Posey relic /149. The design of the cards look surprisingly nice. The card is nothing to cheer about, but at least Panini put effort into the making of this card.

The second card of the break was this Bob Gibson dual relic /25. I would've been happy with this if the box cost me $50, but it cost me quite a bit more and considering there are only five cards a box, this was a pretty rough hit. Not to mention the card was all dinged up.

The third and final relic of the box was of Nolan Ryan, numbered /99. Once again, a card like this should not be in a $175 box of cards. Once again, a card in this condition should not come from a sealed box of cards.

Great! An auto! Wait, who's Michael Reed? Why is the autograph all screwed up? Poor quality.

Hey, at least I got something semi-decent. If the autograph was clean I'd probably even keep the card, but Panini strikes again! I tried contacting them on social media about the damage, but they won't even respond. Unfortunate.

Final Thoughts

There is absolutely no way I would buy another box of this. Even if you're looking for a fun break, this is not the way to go! Not only does the break take 45 seconds, it's not fun! At least with triple threads the cards come in a pack within a mini box within a larger box. Who doesn't love opening boxes only to reveal smaller boxes? At least that's something I enjoy doing, I'm not sure about other collectors.

Design: 4/10

Quality: 2.5/10

Checklist: 4/10

Overall: 3.5/10

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. That's disappointing about the autographs and even more disappointing that Panini didn't respond to you at all.

    ReplyDelete