Thursday, January 19, 2017

2016 Dynasty - Rockies

I find myself spending a lot more time collecting Rockies than Yankees. A large part of that has to do with the extremely high prices on Yankees cards; Sanchez, Judge, Torres, Frazier, and even Gardner all have heavy price tags on them. Story? Not so much. Arenado? Not at all. Even though both Story and Arenado play in Colorado, they're still fantastic players. I was reading an article about the inflated numbers of Arenado and other players in Colorado, and Arenado's revised numbers (if he were to play for another team) were still pretty damn good. 

Nolan Arenado's revised numbers:

.271 BA
.336 OBP
.520 SLG
.856 OPS
36 HR
110 RBI

The all star gold glove third basemen also posted a 6.5 WAR, 10th overall, 8th overall defensively just ahead of all gold glover Manny Machado.

I actually pulled the Story from a box of dynasty that I broke on Christmas. Obviously I didn't too well, but I've wanted a Story auto for quite some time and why not my first Story be a dynasty? Trevor Story is a player I'm trying to start a side collection of (obviously not as big as Arenado) since he's a young and exciting player. On top of that, I can definitely see the Rockies contending in the next few years.

The patch is nothing spectacular, but it's still a Story autograph nonetheless!

And of course I had to pick up an Arenado dynasty. He hasn't signed a baseball card with a major company since 2013 (his rookie year) so I was very excited when I saw that he was on checklists for multiple products this year. Hopefully he's in more products next year!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!






1 comment: