Saturday, January 21, 2017

2012 Triple Threads Box Break And Review

PRODUCT: 2012 Topps Triple Threads


Why would I be reviewing a product that released nearly 5 years ago? I'm not really sure I know the answer to that question, but it's a product that I opened just a few weeks ago so why not?

The base cards and parallels look amazing. As far as personal preference, the design of 2012 triple threads is one of my favorite triple threads designs next to only 2011. According to cardboard connection, this is the sepia parallel numbered /625.


The other parallel featured in my box was an emerald /250 of Brandon Phillips. There are only 6 different parallels in this product (sepia, emerald, gold, onyx, sapphire, and ruby) and better yet the parallel names aren't absurd! In this years bowman chrome, there were 8 different numbered parallels. In my opinion, that's way too many.

The first pack definitely wasn't a stunner. The first hit was a Nelson Cruz unity relic /36. Even though the card isn't great, it looks great. 

I usually wouldn't mind pulling a redemption, but in this case I do mind. The redemption expired back in 2015. Obviously if the redemption had been for something huge I would've been more disappointed, but I can live without a Freddie Freeman rookie auto.

The second pack consisted of an Elvis Andrus auto /99. After making 2 crucial errors in game 5 of the 2015 ALDS, Andrus had the best year of his career in 2016. The final hit made up for the first 3 mediocre hits.

It's nothing huge, but a Tom Seaver dual sided relic /27! The front of the card features Seaver on the Reds, while the back features him in a Mets uniform.

It certainly is a cool card to have.

Final Thoughts

Although the price is a bit steep, triple threads is always a ton of fun to break. 2012 triple threads is a product that I've never opened before, so it was fun to explore new waters. I probably wouldn't buy another box of this only because I'm mostly sticking to singles now, but if that weren't the case 2012 triple threads would be a product I'd buy again. While focusing on mostly current players and rookies, triple threads still manages to deliver a very good mix of retired players and Hall of Famers. Triple threads is 2 packs of pure gold!

Design: 8.5
Quality: 8
Checklist: 6
Overall: 8
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment