Saturday, September 26, 2015

My Complete Nolan Arenado Collection

In 2013, Nolan Arenado made his major league debut, at the age of 22. His defense was sparkling, but the offense wasn't exactly there. In 2014, Nolan Arenado started the year off with a 28 game hitting streak, and would end the year with another gold glove award, 8 more home runs, and his average was 20 points higher. In 2015, Nolan Arenado leads the league in RBI's, and is one home run away from 40 home runs. Not to mention, his stellar defense at third base. Yes, he does play in Colorado, but his home/road splits, are almost even, and he hits more home runs on the road, then he does at home. Over the past three years, I've really enjoyed watching Nolan Arenado play, and when I got into baseball card collecting, I slowly started a collection of the gold glove third baseman. 

First up, is a regular old base card from 2015 Topps Stadium Club. The design is so simple, but so complex at the same time. The photos from stadium club are amazing, and this one is no exception.

I'm not a huge fan of the design of 2015 Allen And Ginter, but either way, it's Arenado.

Here's another from 2014 Topps Archives.

2011 Topps Heritage.

I was a little skeptical of the design of the 2015 Topps flagship design, but the chrome looks great as always (yeah, I know it's pretty much the same thing, but there's something about topps chrome). 

I payed $1 for this 2013 bowman chrome black wave refractor, which was, and still is, a great deal.

2013 Bowman Platinum purple refractor, not numbered.2

2012 Bowman chrome insert.

The one numbered, non autograph, I have of Nolan Arenado, is this 2015 Bowman Chrome purple refractor /250.

Now onto the autographs. I'm not a fan of sticker autographs, but when it comes to Arenado, I don't mind as much, since he doesn't sign a whole lot. I have three 2013 Bowman Sterling autographs. 

Here's #2...

And here's the final sterling.

Out of the 11 Arenado autographs I have, Topps chrome is my favorite, mostly because it's on card. I've been wanting a bowman chrome autograph of Arenado, but for now, I'll have to settle for Topps chrome. I'm hoping his prices will drop a little in the offseason.

Here's my second base autograph from Topps chrome.

This is the only Arenado autograph that I've pulled. A refractor /499.

Topps chrome black refractor autograph /100.

I have two 2013 Topps Finest autographs, one being a regular refractor, the other being a green /125.

Here's the green /125.

This one isn't numbered, but it's from 2013 Bowman platinum.

And finally, his first autograph, from 2009 Donruss elite /844. It's not much, but it's a solid start. By the end of 2016, I'm hoping to have all of his base cards, and insert cards up to date. It'll take a while, but it will definitely be a lot of fun to try and do. I also get to see Arenado every once in a while, since my sister lives about 30 minutes from Denver. Let me know if you have any Nolan Arenado cards!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!







3 comments:

  1. Awesome start to your collection Frankie! Arenado is a great young player and he's only getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection! I'm working on an Arenado collection as well. I've started small and have been working my way up. I've got most base cards and many variation/parallels from 2009-2015, but am lacking in autos and higher end. Curious if you're game for selling or (preferably) trading any of your doubles (i.e., bowman sterling auto, topps chrome auto).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection! I'm working on an Arenado collection as well. I've started small and have been working my way up. I've got most base cards and many variation/parallels from 2009-2015, but am lacking in autos and higher end. Curious if you're game for selling or (preferably) trading any of your doubles (i.e., bowman sterling auto, topps chrome auto).

    ReplyDelete