Monday, September 7, 2015

Enjoying My Last Day Of Summer... Ending It With A Bang!

Almost everyone that reads this, is already out of school, or in college, except for only one other person that I know, which is Andrew. This is my last day of freedom, until I go back to jail. I don't mind school, but of course summer is much better, for several reasons. One of them being, I get to play baseball, I get to watch baseball, I have more free time, and I can spend more time with friends. Today, I spent the whole day watching baseball, sorting my cards, and all that fun stuff. While on Instagram, one particular card really caught my eye. It was a Craig Biggio 2014 Topps Dynasty 1/1 Autograph BGS 9.5/10. I immediately contacted him, asking for a price, and what he said was a little high, so I said what I thought it was worth and we went from there. The only card of mine he was interested in was my Glavine gold frame auto, so the rest would have to be cash... I have two other Biggio autographs, one being the five star, the other being the dynasty /10, So I'm working on selling both of those, because I see absolutely no point in keeping those, when I already have this...

With a gold label. I recently got a Yoenis Cespedes letter booklet /3 and $45 for my Nolan Ryan autograph, which I really hated to see leave my collection, but I pretty much got almost $200 for my Nolan Ryan so I was really happy with that. I ended up trading my Cespedes for a Steve Carlton Topps Dynasty autograph /10, and $63, so out of the Cespdes, I got at least $160 in value, if not a little more. So, the money that I got for the Ryan ($45), and the money I got for the Cespedes ($63), all went to funds for the Craig Biggio 1/1. A total of $108, plus a Steve Carlton dynasty auto, and I basically only gave up My Nolan Ryan auto. Not bad at all! The Carlton is a $100 card, and I've been wanting to get one of his autographs, so I can knock that off my want list, and the Ryan also paid for about 1/4 of the Craig Biggio 1/1. The person that has this card, sent it to BGS, and it got a 9.5/10, and he'll be getting the card in on Friday. I have a few eBay auctions going up tomorrow, and ending Saturday night, so I'll be making some money from selling my Legos. Many people would be surprised by how much Legos go for... As for the card, I'm selling my two other Biggio autographs, trading my Glavine (to the owner of the Biggio 1/1), and trading my Cespedes booklet /3, all to help with the funds for this awesome Craig Biggio card. If anyone has any idea on where the patch came from, please let me know, because I've been trying to figure out what kind of jersey it's from, but I am still unsuccessful. This card will be going nowhere for a long time, and this will probably be my favorite card in my collection. I can't wait to see this card with a gold label at the top, I think it'll look even better! Especially with the gold ink, and black back-round! Even though I had to give up my Glavine, and two Biggio's, it's definitely overshadowed by the Biggio 1/1! Again, if anyone has any idea on where the patch came from, please let me know! 

I haven't blogged much this summer, because I've been so preoccupied with baseball, but now that it's winter, baseball season is coming to an end, and school is starting, I should be able to get more blog posts up. Something else is, I started blogging on September 12th, 2014. That's when my very first post was. It's amazing how fast time goes by, and to think I started blogging almost exactly one year ago, is spectacular. My language arts teacher forced all her students into blogging, and she even gave us extra credit for every extra post we made, every month. For example, she would ask her students to write 12 posts in one month, but I would usually write around 30, so therefore I would get around 500/100, which definitely helped my grade. Obviously, I'm not blogging because I have to now, it's because I love to write, and talk about baseball. It was never really homework to me, but to every one else it was. I'll talk more about that on Saturday. I hope you all enjoyed your summer! 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading, and let me know if you have any information about the patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment