Thursday, December 18, 2014

JANUARY - 2015 Yankees part 2

I've already made a post about this, but after the recent signings, I thought it would be a good and fun idea. So, let me started.



The Yankees haven't made any huge deals so far, and missed out on a couple players, but that doesn't mean they can't make the playoffs because the Orioles lost a ton of key players. Matt Weiter was out last year with TJ, Manny Machado was hurt, Chris Davis got suspended and was pretty bad last year, Nick Markakis and Nelson Cruz both left. So... What's left? Not a whole lot. That leaves me with the Red Sox, Rays, and Blue Jays. I can already cross the Rays and Blue Jays off. Now onto the biggest team, that will probably be neck and neck with the Orioles.

The Boston Red Sox. After they signed Panda and Ramirez, they look to be pretty sharp and they filled in holes in the Infield and Outfield. Do I think they will have 95 wins? Most Likely not. This next sentence I'm not just saying because I'm a diehard Yankees fan, but because I have many reasons to support it!


The Yankees will be the "surprise team" in the East. And that's only for one reason: They have players that want to win! Chase Headley came to the Yankees because he wanted to win, and on top of that, he left some money on the table. Jose Pirela is young, and of course he wants to win. The Red Sox signed some free agents last year, but that's not always the right way to go, and it didn't work out last year for the Yanks. Here's whats on the table for the Yankees:

Bullpen:

Dellin Betances
David Robertson
Adam Warren
Andrew Miller
(And A Bunch Of Other Guys)

Starting Rotation

Masahiro Tanaka
Michael Pineda
C.C. Sabathia
Ivan Nova
Chris Capuano

Lineup:

Jacoby Ellsbury
Brett Gardner
Martin Prado
Brian McCann (who I think will have a terrific year)
Chase Headley
Mark Teixeria
Alex Rodriguez or Carlos Beltran
Jose Pirela or Didi Gregorious
Chris Young if Ichiro isn't with the Yankees anymore


It's not 1st place worthy, but it is worthy for a wildcard spot. All the teams in the AL East seem evenly matched, so I think it's gonna be a tight race. Hopefully the Yankees make it to the playoffs, and if they don't then I'll make sure to watch the Dodgers! 









No comments:

Post a Comment