Monday, June 1, 2015

Paul Goldschmidt Pickup

I'm having minor surgery tomorrow, and I have some money to spend, so why not buy myself a little present? I was surfing ebay for quite some time, before I came across a nice Tom Glavine booklet from 2014 Topps Five Star for $40, which seemed like a steal. I was all set to buy the card, but I wasn't really looking to spend $40 since the National is jut around the corner, and I need to save up some money. I was watching the MLB Network, and they mentioned Paul Goldschmidt, who is having a monster year with the D-Backs. He is also one of the most underrated players... In my mind, he's just as good as Mike Trout, but his autographs sell for $15 instead of $200. That also goes for Anthony Rizzo who had a fantastic year last year. Back in January, I sold my Goldschmidt autograph from 2013 Five Star for whatever reason, so I knew I needed to find a new one. An on card autograph would also be nice, so why not find one from 2014 Topps High Tek? Topps did a fantastic job with Topps High Tek last year, and the cards are great looking. Not to mention, the autographs are all on card! 

They're so many different parallels, but this one is called the disco diffractor, which is #ed /50. The card looks great of course, with a clean on card autograph. I'm very happy to add an autograph of one of the best players in the game! 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading! 


3 comments:

  1. Sweet! You've got the right idea, both Rizzo and Goldy are two of the best in the game these days. So much young talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick up. Goldy is a good guy too. Met him a couple of times wearing Dodger gear and he is still smirking and willing to take a photo with me. He kills my team yr in and yr out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pick-up of one of the best players in all of baseball and one of my favorite players!

    ReplyDelete