Saturday, June 20, 2015

Ninth Card Of My First BGS Submission - Derek Jeter

The only non autograph or relic in this lot, is this Derek Jeter TEKtonics parallel /50! I pulled this myself from a box of Topps high tek, along with a Jose Abreu base autograph. Edges and corners are fine, but the surface on tek cards isn't the best, so I'm hoping it doesn't affect the overall grade that much. I think this card is worthy of a 9.5, if not, definitely a 9! 

The first memory that comes to my mind when I see this card, is Christmas. I pulled this card from a box of 2014 Topps High Tek that I got for Christmas, along with a Jose Abreu autograph. Not being able to walk, I sort of put the card on the coffee table, and waited until the next day to get a top loader for it, but that must've worked! I'm really pleased with the overall grade, considering I'm a Yankees fan, and of course the card being of Derek Jeter. Topps Tek has had surface issues, since the card is plastic, but the surface got a 9.5, as did the overall grade.

Everything earned a 9.5, except for the edges, which earned a 10. 

I'm not a fan of the back, and the two sentences they put on the back, but the grade and numbering makes up for it. 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment