Monday, November 10, 2014

My (almost) FULL Collection Showcase with scans!

Okay, I've been wanting to do this ever since I've started blogging and I am finally getting to it! I thought this would be a good homework FREE project day! I want to show a couple "groups" of cards, and also go over a box break. I have collected for about 4 years now, but only got really interested last year. alright, here Is just part of my collection, but these are some of my higher end cards that are Yankees related... Most are, some aren't.
This was my single box of Immaculate. It seems REALLY bad by the picture, but I did get one card that I was very happy with. 

The Tony Gwynn Accolades is a cool card considering he is in the HOF and a very good player. Tony was a really big guy, but surprisingly, only hit 135 home runs.  Could you imagine if he ACTUALLY played all 162 games a year? Yep.

Taijuan Walker's autograph has gotten very sloppy. What's wrong Taijuan?

Prince Feilder was hurt....

Who the heck is Chad Bettis? It's a cool looking card, but ???

Madison Bumgarner = postseason Legend



I love the Griffey insert and all 90's inserts. I probably have a ton of the same Reggie Jackson cards, but a Reggie is a Reggie. I actually met him and had a great experience with him. He was very nice and was joking around with me. He is also on of my main PC's.
Hey look it's Reggie Jackson again! I pulled the Prizm card myself from a box which was one of my first and the others I had to buy. I got most of them at the National at a pretty good price. 
I also have a signed bat (inscribed to me) and a signed photo which is inscribed also to me except in more words... I guess that's the best way to explain it... Anyways, I'll move on.

Pete Rose WILL be inducted into the HOF one day, I am 100% sure of that. I love all his cards from the 2011 Pete Rose Legacy set. It's $40 a box which is a pretty good price and so far I have had pretty good luck. Why stop stop at one? Two? Three?    : )

The newest editions to my collection. Clayton Kershaw is the best pitcher in modern day baseball by a long shot. This is the first Kershaw autograph I have, and it's pretty sweet! 
Christian Yelich is part of the young Marlins outfield, and probably one of the best leadoff hitters in the league. At such a young age, he has a very bright future ahead of him!


Nolan Arenado is probably my favorite player. Back to back gold glove awards and a solid 2014 season, AND a 28 game hitting streak, Nolan is just beginning his major league career. 


I love 90's rookies. Derek Jeter and Chipper Jones were probably the best Shortstops in the MLB during their time period. Sadly, both had to retire, as all sports players have to do.
Please ignore the price tags, I needed some extra top loaders...


Sorry for the small scans, I got a little restless at the end of my scanning night.
I'll start at the top.
I pulled the Rivera myself (my first Rivera relic) and even though I don't generally like to collect game used stuff, I really like this one. The best closer in MLB history. What else?

Now the Pettitte! It's a long story how I got this card, but either way, he is part of the core four.

The Derek Jeter card is a pull of mine from 2014 Panini Immaculate 5/5. With Jeter's retirement, this card is one of my favorites.

Raaauuullllll!!!!! He saved the game in 2012. Game 3 of the ALDS!

Joe Girardi was a great New York catcher (and Chicago) so I had to have him in my collection. I overpaid for the card a little, but I couldn't turn it down!

John Ryan (J.R) Murphy will be a spectacular catcher for the Yankees in the future, and I have dreams that he will replace Brian McCann. One of my favorite players, John Ryan Murphy will be something special.

Brett Gardner (My favorite current Yankee) is a five tool player, with great speed, although he doesn't really use it when he steals bases... I have a game used AFL signed bat of his which I love, and hope to add to my collection. 

All the Yankee greats are in here: Don Mattingly, Rich (Goose) Gossage, Bobby Richardson, Yogi Berra, Graig Nettles, Chris Chambliss... A mix of HOF players and stars!


Just a couple of random young Yankees players mostly current except John Flaherty over in the left bottom corner. 



I don't really collect game used cards, but These, I got at a pretty good price and couldn't really turn them down. The Chavez is my favorite out of the four, just because it's old(ish) Upper Deck.



Just a random mix of cards of some Yankees and non Yankees players. The Jose Abreu in the left corner was pulled by me and NO Please do not try and redeem it it has already been redeemed! The Buxton was also a pull of mine from the same box.

I'm hoping Brandon McCarthy will stay with the Yankees, which would be great!

The Ellsbury I got at a really good price

Lou Bordeau is a nice HOF cut signature although it is a LITTLE smudged on the left. I don't mind it too much.


I'm sure I will get to the south side of my collection another day (vintage, more HOF, etc.), but for now, I hoped you enjoyed seeing my Yankees Collection (and other) and have a Marvelous Monday night!




1 comment: