Sunday, April 2, 2017

1 Box of 2017 Topps Tribute - O' Wow!

Museum collection would usually be released around this time of year, but since museum collection is featuring WBC relics, it was moved back to the end of August. My local card shop had topps tribute for a hefty price (much higher compared to prices on blowout cards), but I decided to take a shot.
Topps tribute definitely offers a different look this year, looking a lot like 2007 Bowman's best. The parallels are a strong point in this years product.

The colors really pop out, especially on this Stephen Piscotty green parallel.

I still wonder why Topps continues to put out $5 relics in a $300 product, and this Lindor is no exception. In my opinion Topps should at least put a little color into the relics, not just plain white relics.

At least one of my relics was low numbered. Yet another plain white relic though.

What box would be complete without me getting a Red Sox hit? It's a really nice looking card, and even has the MLB authentication sticker. Although the relics weren't the greatest, all of the autographs I pulled definitely exceeded my expectations.

The first autograph I pulled was this Paul Konerko auto /199! Konerko was always fun to watch back when he played and I've always wanted an autograph of his. It's always nice when the worst autograph you pull is of Paul Konerko...

The second autograph of the box was this really nice Trea Turner orange /25! Turner is easily one of baseballs best young players, and is equipped for another great season. 

I purposely left the lightest pack for last because I knew a redemption would be in it. I was hoping for a Bryant, Harper, Kershaw, or a cool booklet of some kind, but I didn't get any of the above. If I did happen to get one of those players, I probably would've redeemed and kept the card, but I already received an offer I could not refuse for this redemption...






Adam Jones autograph patch black (black is a 1/1) parallel redemption! Unfortunately it's a redemption... If it wasn't a redemption, I definitely would have kept the kept. Not knowing if Topps would ever make the card or how long it would take to be made, I decided to take the safe way out and sell it. Overall it was a great box!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Wrong-o boy-o. Konerko takes that box for SURE!! :)

    Nice hits, and yeah - why some garbage relics in high end products? High end should always have patches, multi colors, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice box in my opinion. I have liked everything I see coming out of this product this year.

    ReplyDelete