Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Nolan Arenado Is Now An All Star!

Nolan Arenado did not surpass Kris Bryant in votes, but he still managed to make it to his second straight all star game. Well deserved too: 23 home runs, 69 RBI's, a .290 batting average, and to cap it off 1 stolen base. Kris Bryant has a lower batting average but has 2 more home runs than Arenado. Bryant got more votes than Arenado EVEN THOUGH he has double the amount of strikeouts, AND has made 8X the errors. 8 errors compared to Arenado's 1. There's no doubt that Kris Bryant is a great player, but it's a shame that Nolan gets no love. Oh well. I thought it was an appropriate time to show off some of my most recent cards of the games best third baseman.

First up is this 2013 Topps finest autograph BGS 9.5/10. I already had the base and green version, but was happy to get this with a gold banner. I won this card in a razz (raffle), and I was more than happy with the win.

A few weeks ago I wrote up a post about a Mike Trout bowmans best red autograph /5 that I acquired. I ended up trading it for a pair of bowman chrome autographs of Nolan Arenado, one being a refractor. This is the first bowman chrome autograph of Arenado that I was able to pick up, but hopefully it's not the last. I remember when these were selling way below $100; now it's tough to find one below $150.

This bowman chrome refractor autograph BGS 9/10 was the other card in the deal. The National Sports Collectors Convention in Atlantic City is coming up in a few weeks, and I'm hoping to acquire the blue parallel. Unfortunately it'll probably be very expensive, but it's a card I've been trying to acquire for awhile now. And every time I try, it goes up in price. I'm also missing many Topps chrome autograph parallels, including the blue, sepia, and gold, so hopefully I'll be able to hunt them down. Only a few more weeks!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!


1 comment: