Thursday, August 20, 2015

Iron Man!

Cal Ripken Jr was at the top of my "Want List," and I have been wanting to acquire one of his autographs for a while now. I didn't want a sticker autograph, and I didn't want one from panini or leaf, just because the designs are so bland. I ended up trading my Mantle/Yastrzemski/Musial triple relic, and I also added some cash for this card:

A Cal Ripken Jr autograph from 2007 upper deck black /10! I really like the look of the card, and I like the price that I payed for it, so overall, I'm very happy with the card! While looking at Cal Ripken Jr's statistics, I didn't realize that Ripken has the MLB record for most double plays hit into, which I think is interesting.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Cal wasn't exactly the fastest runner, but that dubious distinction; another is that he is the player with the lowest batting average for someone with 3,000+ hits is another one. Regardless, he is still an all-time great, and a symbol of my childhood. Glad you got this card. If you ever want to part with it, you know who to turn to :)

    ReplyDelete